We at PEI(Poverty Eradication Initiative) , strive in partnership with community to develop a society based on three core values of sustainable human development: self esteem, freedom of choice and tolerance; a society where everyone has equal access to opportunities and justice irrespective of gender and status. PEI has worked on several projects where it has, and is helping girls to complete their education and is employing women as teachers. It helped public institutions in implementation of decentralization, and to facilitate human development in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KPK.) A key objective of decentralization is to improve the delivery of public services.
PEI has undertaken many projects to involve our youth in healthy initiatives, where they are given an opportunity to learn, hence their capacity is built. PEI seeks to involve the local communities in the development of local level infrastructure important for the socio-economic uplift of the communities. PEI has worked upon many national as well as international projects. Some of the projects carried out by PEI are:
- The Youth International Project (IT awareness program to empower poor urban youth to take advantage of IT revolution and earn a respectable living)
- WEC – Women Councilors Empowerment through Computer Literacy (in setting up a net of IT training centers for women councilors in South Asia to fight the digital divide that separates women and men in Pakistan)
- Poverty Alleviation and IT Awareness ( To set up a sustainable infrastructure in South Asia for helping the less privileged and to take steps towards computer literacy according to the needs of the particular region).
- Broad-Scope Education Initiative (To increase the status of women and future generations in rural areas where lack of basic educational opportunities contributes to economic poverty, poor health, and unsustainable population growth)
- Composing and Compiling of Socio-economic Data of 55 Communities of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KPK) (to increase the productivity of the low-income communities in KPK by improving their living conditions through provision of basic Infrastructure).
- Medical Support Pakistan project Through its medical support project, PEI has acquired and distributed rupees 300 million worth of Medical Goods in Kinds (GIK) to strengthen government health facilities in FATA and some districts of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa(KPK) and Baluchistan through the department of health in 2010 to till date, especially to facilitate the flood relief activities by the government. Subsequent efforts continue to acquire more grant as medical GIK and now PEI is willing to distribute about Rs. 4 billion worth of GIK as grant to the government health facilities during the next four years through department of health KPK with mutual understandings. Keeping in view the dynamics from Health area. PEI is conducting surveys in worse affected districts of Pakistan to access the health care and other needs of the people in changed scenario.